Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring Training: 5K Challenge #4

button

For those of you that follow me, you know that each week, I linkup with Katie and Lex each week for the Spring 5k Challenge. This week, I am doing it again, and happy to report that I have been consistently running 3-4 miles at least 4 times per week!

Yesterday, I went running with my neighbor friend and her dog plus George. I don't know where you are, but in my neck of the woods, it's currently a high of 75-85 degrees and continuing all week. Anyway, we decided to run yesterday with both of the dogs and our pace was going great in the beginning and just as I felt everything was fine, I found myself falling onto the road!

Ugh! How embarrassing. The worst part, you ask? My friend telling me that George was about 2 feet away from me when I fell. I KNOW I tripped over him while running, but felt embarrassed that he was far away from me as I was sliding into the pavement. Luckily, I landed on the side of my arm and just got a couple of scratches. 

I got up, brushed myself off - it actually didn't hurt as bad as I thought when I was falling, about to brace myself - and started running again. As I got back into the motion of it, I started feeling empowered. I don't know all of the reasons why, but there is something so satisfying about getting up. Something so motivating about continuing through the pain or the embarrassment and finishing what you've set out to accomplish. 

Isn't that what life is all about? Whether you are trying to lose weight, gain a promotion, land your first job, enter into college, grow in a marriage, or whatever your goals are, it's about knowing that you can get up when you fall (maybe with a couple bumps and bruises) and continue fighting. What are you willing to fall for and then get back up again and continue pressing on?

What are you fighting for?

Madalyn

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Madalyn, I love how you incorporated strength into a little "stumble" in the road (no pun intended) - I'm so glad you are okay! I am so clumsy that I just KNOW that is going to happen to me someday - I hope I have the grace and strength to do what you did, sister! AND, I hope I can say that I'm consistently running 3-4miles each time! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Madalyn! I run just about exactly the same as you.. 4-6 times a week 3-5 miles each run! Except.... I do treadmills more since I don't have your lovely weather yet and I'm a weeny about outdoors running. Anyway, congrats on 100 blog posts and I hope you'll stop by to enter my giveaway of a pair of Stella and Dot earrings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Get up, dust yourself off, and keep going. I am not sure I would have done that.... So glad you aren't hurt though. Running outside takes a lot of attention. We run in the older neighborhood where the giant oaks have made the sidewalks all uneven and the roads are covered in the tar lines they make when they want to repair and not repave. It's an obstacle course for sure. I know you feel so satisfied today. Way to go!
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I'm fighting for my children! I know that if they see me accomplish my goals, they will follow suit. I want to be a better person for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Loved this post. I can imagine how bad-a** you felt. :) I am fighting for my future. I want to be here and able to enjoy this wonderful life and my healthy body as long as God allows it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a true lessons about just getting right back up! I can imagine how embarrassed you must have felt, but good for you for just keeping going! You're awesome and this is a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome that you got back up and kept running, I probably would have cried for sure lol and lucky you didnt get any worse injuries, pavement burns are the worst! Also, I am EXTREMELY jealous of your nice weather and how you get to be outside running, it is 28 degrees and snowing here in MN I seriously don't know why I'm still living here!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...