Thursday, March 14, 2013

Non Scale Victories: Thursday March 14, 2013

button

Good Morning!

The sun is shining where I am, I hope it's the same where you are too! Thursdays are the day of the week that I look forward to the most in the blogging world because I get to share and link up with KTJ and Lex to talk about my Non Scale Victories for the week (also referred to as NSV).

This week has been wonderful. I have been eating so well, and yes, even though I ate not one, not two, but three pieces of pizza for dinner one night this week, I had enough points so I didn't feel bad about doing it. I was even DOWN this morning when I stepped on that scale.

NSV#1: I have really been struggling to take myself over the 3 mile mark when I run. It's not because I feel like I can't do it. I know I can do it. I just am having a hard time inside knowing that I'll want to run 4 or 5 miles all the time and the day that my body says "no" I'll get upset. Lets face it, we all have those days where our body is tired, but our mind is thirsty and ready to punish those long runs. I just HATE that feeling of not accomplishing what I know I could do the day before. Alas, I will overcome. I plan to take that long, one or two mile leap next week!

NSV#2 - I have stayed on points plus for the past week - yay! Some of the days I have ate well over 50 points, but I at least tracked what I ate. From using Weight Watchers before, I know that I do my best when I write down everything I eat.

NSV#3 I have drank at least 8 cups of water for the past 5 days, and I can already feel a change in my body with all of the H2O running through it. And boyy, does it feel good!


What are your Non Scale Victories for the week??


Madalyn

11 comments:

  1. I'm on WW too, and finding the app for tracking is the greatest....it really does help to write everything down, even when you go over, something I would NEVER do in the past.. Thanks for point it out to me....tracking is a good non scale victory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!

      Yes, I tend to go over my points a lot these days, but staying on points, to me, doesn't mean only eating the allotted points given to me each day, it means just writing it down, even if I do go over. Those flex points are amazing!

      Delete
  2. I am in love with all three of these! I totally get the whole running over 3 miles.. I think thats where I am right now too.. I know I can.. and now I want to do it all the time.. which doesnt work.. Stick with your head. Occasionally over 3 miles is fine... but not everyday in the beginning! Get it girl! Thanks for linking up with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

      I know I am able to do over 3 miles, the brain is just wanting too. I went on a run with a friend two weeks ago and we banged out 4.5 miles but since then, my body or brain, whoever is talking up there wants to only go 3 miles. I think today I'm going to go 3.2 (5k distance) and then see if I can get over that mental hump.

      Thanks for your support!!

      Delete
  3. I was stuck with 3 for a while. You can do it! I don't want to do more than that all the time but I need to show myself I can every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! With all of this positive energy, I feel like I might just have to get over it and run past 3 miles tonight!

      Thank you for your support!!

      Madalyn

      Delete
  4. Those are some great nsv! That three mile mark sure is a hurdle isn't it? I'm still working on trying to GET to it in the first place! but you have to let your body guide to you on how hard you can push it, each day will be different, some days I feel like I could go forever and some days I'm ready to be done 5 minutes in, sometimes I think it's more of mental hurdles than physical but who knows! Great tracking this week it will surely make a difference :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The three miles is a killer! You will get there soon enough and then when you do, it wont be enough! It feels like enough but the distant voice inside of me tells me to keep moving!

      I sure hope the tracking will make a big difference, especially all of that pizza I consumed last night.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Great NSV! I am not doing good this week. But your motivation has motivated me. Have a great day. Visiting u from KTJ.

    Regards,
    Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!

      We all need a little kick sometimes! I'm glad I could help you become more motivated!

      Have a great day!

      Madalyn

      Delete
  6. Great NSVS! How are you doing so far with your running this week? Awesome job drinking your water, so important but sometimes so hard to do! Thanks for linking up and sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...