I woke up this morning around 5 o'clock in the morning ready to go to my first day of kindergarten. The normal routine was in place.... I walked up the stairs to the shower (The better shower is on the second floor.) While I did that, I most likely woke up my two roomies (Emma and my mom.) If walking up the stairs didn't wake them up, either the bathroom light and fan or the sound of water pouring out of the shower head did.
A few hours after I woke up, showered, and got dressed for the first day, it was time to head to school. When I arrived to my room, I was blown away! Not only were most of the boxes gone, but the classroom finally looked like it was homey enough for children to learn and grow in. I was amazed at the transformation that had taken place in just a few short hours. But little did I know that this was just one of many things I would see to thing that amazed me.
When the students came in to the other classroom, my teacher and I went into the other classroom and read a story to the kids while the other teacher went into our room to talk to her parents. My teacher instantly caught the attention of all of the students. It was amazing how much respect she received from these children in such a small amount of time. While reading the story, she was able to keep the students engaged with the story the whole time. Not once did I see a child unfocused or bored. This was simply incredible.
If I could even obtain just the slightest bit of knowledge from this woman, I know that I would be completely ready to teach on my own next year. It's not everyday that people have this opportunity and it's not every day that people get to shape and teach children everyday. It's also not everyday that one person can take complete control of group of people and have them truly interested in what is going on.
That is my goal: To be able to truly interest a group of children, and to shape and teach children every day that I can.
Madalyn
Madalyn
That's an awesome goal :)
ReplyDelete