Today would definitely have to be one of my favorite days that I have had in a long time. Although thoroughly exhausted, nothing can beat the pure happiness I displayed after meeting all of my kindergarteners today. It's almost bed time and I am still on cloud nine!
Aside from the mounds of schoolwork I need to do before the weekend, there is so much work to be done at school. After speaking with my teacher after school and observing what we did in just one day, I am certain that this is just the beginning of the hard work that has to happen between now and June. At this point, its quite intimidating.
One aspect of today that I really was able to enjoy was getting used to my new name: Miss. Bamer. As morning meeting took place, the teacher told the students that there were special helpers in our classroom throughout the year. She introduced the para first, and then when she came to me, I was expecting the usual "Miss. Maddie." Instead, I heard the name "Miss. Bamer," come out of her mouth. At first, I was confused, and then I realized that she was introducing me to the class.
It was quite a shock, and frankly even after eight hours with the kids and having them call me Miss. Bamer, I am still not used to it. I guess this is what getting married is like, or having your name changed. My name went from Miss. Maddie to Miss. Bamer in just one day. I don't know wether to be excited or depressed. Whatever I feel, the name is still quite a change.
Hopefully I can get used to it soon so that I can start really diving in and focusing on the kids instead of being taken aback when a child calls me Miss. B or Miss. Bamer.
After today, I am even more in love with this profession. It's not everyday that kids sneeze and snot goes all over your arm, or that kids ask you one million questions you don't know the answer to, or they make you laugh harder than you ever thought was possible.
It's not everyday that you leave your job with a smile plastered on your face until the next morning.
Until Tomorrow,
Madalyn
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!