Thursday, April 4, 2013

Non Scale Victories: April 4, 2013

button
Can you believe that it is already April? I continue to keep writing "March" on all of my student's paperwork and at different meetings. I am hoping that the warmth of April warms us up quickly. I am also hoping that April will bring me more luck with my progress as... Well I won't get into it seeing as this is the one post a week that I DONT talk about the scale. 

In case you are new around here, I link up, once a week with Lex and Katie J to celebrate my non scale victories for the week. While I may only have a few, and may need to search hard to find them, I am thankful to focus one day a week on a post not related to that STUPID number on the scale. 

NSV1. I got to spend quality time with my sister over the weekend.


It is so rare that I get to see my little sister, that when we have the time, well... we always have a great time. Love her hair! I did it before we ate dinner together. Our Dad was trying to figure out how to use the iPhone camera, and he failed. But we had a great time smiling and laughing for 5 minutes. Ugh. I miss that girl all the time. She is so great. 

NSV2: I have been running - a lot.

Here are just a few runs I have taken in the last week. 


I ran my fastest 5k to date outside on Monday, even with the George dog.


I ran 3 miles in under 27:30. Yay for sprinting at the end of the run!


I ran 2 miles in 17 minutes which is a PR. I ran them in 8:30. YAY! That is fast! You can call me FLASH!

NSV3: I got a pretty manicure for Easter.


Gorgeous, right? I was excited to get the silver line in there too. I realize this really isn't helping me lose weight, but it gave me a confidence boost. 

P.S. Did you take notice as to what I am covering my legs with? I am almost finished with that pretty chevron blanket. Which means that I will need to put it on my Etsy shop! Soooo excited!

This weekend, The Hubs and I will be taking over NYC and staying with my bestie, Sharon. I look forward to posting about our trip on Tuesday!

What are your Non Scale Victories for this week?


Madalyn

11 comments:

  1. LOVE all of your victories! I'm pretty sure my dad wouldn't even know what an Iphone is. haha Awesome 5K times! I can't wait to get there someday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! It takes a while to get to the 5k times but its so worth it when you do get there! Keep working and it will come faster than you think!

      Delete
  2. You are fast! Great job on your fastest 5K! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you, too and I'm adding your button to my blog. I've been here before....maybe I clicked over from last week's NSV? It's like deja vu! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...now I am remembering. I was here last week and I remember telling my own Madalyn that your nicknames were Maddie and Madge. I'd never heard Madge as a nickname for Madalyn before. We've always called her Mad or MadMad--she was born with quite the temper! :)

      Delete
    2. Ahh! My family used to call me "Mad Madge" because I had such a temper! THank for following me and for grabbing my button. I am so surprised that your Madalyn is spelled the same as my name. I've never met someone with the same spelled name!

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Great job on your 5K time!! I can't wait to post a pic that looks like that - go you!! I'm a new follower popping over from the linkup to say HELLO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really fast 5K. Way to go! And nice nails ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! The only thing I dislike about a good manicure is the chipping the occurs the next three days after :(

      Delete
  5. Awesome 5k time! Also, it is so great that you got to spend time with your sister. I'm close with my sisters and it is always nice when you can have that time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I miss Em sooo much but am so glad to see her any time I can!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...