Friday, September 9, 2011

Day Seven: I'm Exhausted

I forgot to post this before I fell asleep last night... So I will post it now!

Good Evening Everyone!

With there being a holiday weekend last weekend, my week has turned into a four day week. Last week, I only had three full days of school. Adding on one day has been more exhausting than I once thought. The kids come into school with so much energy and such a desire to learn. With twenty children in our class, sometimes it very overwhelming. It's especially overwhelming after we eat lunch. At that point in the day, the children are either exhausted themselves, or have checked out mentally from school and are ready to go home.

I have to say that today I felt this way too.

I give teachers so much credit. There is so much that they have to do to get ready for school each day and to have it run so smoothly. To motivate students when you are tired yourself is much harder than I could have ever imagined. Each day the teachers come in and leave their lives on hold as they provide love and support for the children in their classroom. Somedays it's easy, but other days they have to dig from within to not show their feelings, no matter how hard it might be.

From watching this, I have begun to watch myself as I interact with my students, especially after lunch. I keep reminding myself that this is a job that is not about me. I will be the one who teaches these children what they need to know. Along the way I will need to swallow my issues and be a provider for whatever my kids need. It's something that I think I am ready for, but I'm still learning.

I'm exhausted, but I'm not going to let my kids see that tomorrow.

Tomorrow I get to read my next read aloud: Alphabet Adventure. Hopefully the little alphabet letters can find the missing dot on the little i!

I'll update how it goes tomorrow.

Until then - have a great night!


Madalyn


P.S. Keep those in flooded areas in your thoughts. I hope I'll be able to make it to Lancaster tomorrow but the roads are closed by the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...