If you know me or Josh, you know that we tend to have brilliant ideas that sometimes fail. One of these great ideas happened last week. Josh wanted to make smoothies for breakfast. With that being said, he purchased the necessary ingredients: Bananas, OJ, and Yogurt - he had frozen fruit already in his freezer.
A week went by, and neither the bananas nor the yogurt had been consumed. He had heard that if you cannot use the bananas, to put them in the freezer until you found something to do with them. And as for the yogurt, well it stays good for a while as long as it hasn't been tampered with.
I think God knew that I was craving to bake and to eat said baked goods which is why he lead Josh to purchase bananas and yogurt (at least that is my story - and I am sticking to it). I have also been on a recent health kick and am trying to find low calorie and fat recipes that are good to eat and healthy for you at the same time! I decided that I would whip up some banana chocolate chip muffins! Those ARE healthy, right???
Well, I have to say that I modified the recipe to MAKE them healthy! Take that diet! Below is my recipe for amazingly, moist, banana chocolate chip muffins!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Ingredients:
1 13/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil - (I used 1/3c)
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used 2/3c)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
3/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips (I used 1/2c)
1. combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
2. in another bowl, combine egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla
3. stir in dry ingredients until moist
4. fold in bananas and chocolate chips
5. bake at 350 degrees for 22 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool for 5 - 10 minutes before removing from pans to racks.
Then Enjoy!
Madalyn

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!