Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hello! I Am Miss Bamer, Your New Fourth Grade Teacher

As mentioned in post prior, I have recently graduated from Penn State with a degree in elementary education. While this degree is amazing, it is also very popular which means that teachers aren't in high demand because of the popularity. 

This has made finding a job difficult. 

I had one interview in May that I believed went really well. It was at a Christian school. After talking to God numerous times, I figured out that at this point in my life a Christian school was more of my calling than teaching in a public school. I received a phone call after the interview with the news I was expecting: I didn't get the job. Frustrated, I prayed to God and talked to him about it. This lead me to be at peace with the decision that was made because ultimately God has a plan and I needed to just let him take care of the details. 

It wasn't until I was in church three weeks ago, that I realized what God was trying to tell me about my job situation. I felt a strong urge to get in touch with the Headmaster at the school where I had interviewed prior, to offer my services as a substitute teacher. I had also begun looking into part time positions at my church in children's ministry. 

The Wednesday after I spoke with God about my job finding troubles, I received a call from the Headmaster asking me if I had signed a contract to teach somewhere or if I was still job hunting. My heart began beating out of my chest. You should know by now, if you are a follower of mine, that patience is not one of my God-given gifts. In fact, it may be one of the most worked on side of me. Anyway, he said that he may have an opening in 4th grade but needed a few days to discover if the position was available. It took everything inside of me to number one: not cry. And number 2: not rupture his eardrum screaming with the possibility to work at such an amazing school. 

The next day, I got the phone call. Chills ran up my spine as I weighed what the news was going to be. I answered and within seconds I knew the prayers I had sent to God were working: I accepted the job that had been offered to me over the phone!!!

Since then, I have been meeting with many amazing Christian faculty at the school and looking through the curriculum. I am excited to say that starting in late August, I will finally have my own classroom of fourth graders. And although they aren't Kindergarteners, I know that I will love them just the same. 

If I've learned anything from job hunting it is that God has a plan and by listening and obeying Him, everything always works out. I have been truly blessed! For those of you on the job hunt, regardless of the occupation; hold tight, and trust in God that everything will work out - because it does!


Madalyn


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...