Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Updates on an Amazingly, Some-what Planned, Wedding


So I figured that I needed to start making a commitment on my blog to at least update friends, family, and fellow readers what Josh and I have been up to with our wedding plans. Just for your sanity, and minethese plans are always subject to change. :) 

Now that I've made that statement, I can take a deep breath.

It took a while to figure out just where we wanted to have our wedding. For the longest time we wanted it to be in a back yard, something informal after the ceremony, and not to mention something relaxing. In our minds, we figured that we would have the ceremony and the reception in his uncles back yard near a golf course. Plans always seem so easy when they evolve in your mind. In real life, the plans that were simple, become so complex.

Wedding dress shopping was one of the first things I tackled off of the never-ending list. After going through bridal magazines for hours each week, I had picked out so many styles I liked. A lot of styles I knew that probably wouldn't look so flattering on me, but I dared to dream.

It was wonderful to shop two weekends ago with five (current and future) family members.  I will say that the first shop we stopped at was a let down. It was difficult for to do what the girl was asking me to do. When I read reviews online, they were wonderful, which put me in high hopes. When I got there, I was disappointed. Not with the service, but with the limited amount of options that were available. Not only the options, the dresses only came in one size as well. It was almost like going to an ice cream store with only one size cone to choose from and only two flavors.

The next store we went to had over 500 wedding dresses in stock. There were all different sizes and styles. Alas, I felt as if this was the place I was going to find my dress. In State College, I had already tried on some dresses that the also carried at this store. The first dress I tried on at both of these stores, which happened to be the same exact dress, I fell in love with.

After three hours of making sure it was what I wanted, I finally decided on the first dress I had tried on. Sorry, I cannot show you what it looks like yet. The Hubs-to-be checks my blog and doesn't want to know what the dress looks like until I walk down the aisle, or should I say, the sand. Yes I said it. The sand. After careful consideration and deliberation, Josh and I are getting married at the beach.

The wedding date is set for November 18, 2012 and will be taking place at The Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach, Florida!

This is the back of the hotel that sits on Clearwater Beach, Fl

This was the only weekend that could allow me to take personal time off the next week so that I could have the entire week off. Thanksgiving break usually starts on Wednesday where there is no school, so I'd only need to request off 2 days of work. Alleluia!



This is the resort at night with all of the lawn chairs seated on the beach. 
We fell in love with this resort when we first stayed there in November. It had everything we could have asked for, except for the ridiculous valet parking price that was not optional. However, we quickly rolled our eyes and got over it.

This was the view out our room window to the pool area and then attached to that is the sand and the ocean.
The view from the pool was so amazing to wake up to each morning. I wish Josh and I lived someplace where we could hear the waves crashing against the sand each morning. 

This is Honeymoon Island where Josh Proposed Marriage.
The story of how he proposed will come in time. But this lovely island is where he did it! :)

Last day of single-ness (photo was taken the day before proposal. 
Model-worthy, right?

Engagement dinner on the beach! :)
Anyway, Pinterest has been zero help with me being so close to graduation. I thought I was addicted to Facebook when I had it. Pinterest and Etsy keep my attention off of school work, and constantly on what I could be doing for my wedding. I keep trying to tell myself that I only have 4 weeks until graduation (OMG) and 8 weeks until school is out. 

I hope to become a regular blogger again. I have a delicious blueberry recipe to share with all of my muffin lovers. Anyone? It uses only 3tbsp of oil and substitutes applesauce for oil. 

Have a great week everyone!


Madalyn




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...