Thursday, May 9, 2013

NSV's #18

button
 
Good Afternoon!
 
I promise you that I will become less flaky in June, after school is completed. I cannot believe it; only 11 more school days left for us. my first official year teaching over, George's 1st birthday, 15 pounds lost since I started this jouney in February, and almost 6 months of marriage. And of course, Mothers Day (Love you, Mom!). All this month. What a crazy month!
 
I cannot believe it is already Thursday! I was giving the kids their homework assignments, when I realized that the end of the week was drawing near. I don't know about your neck of the woods, but the weather has been pretty unpredictable around here... I would even consider it to be "flaky" if I had to personify it...
 
A little corny?
 
 I thought so too..
 
Just shedding a little light on my day job as a teacher. Nothing is too corny in 4th grade. Unless of course, you teach it!
 
Today I am linking up with Katie from ktjweighingin.com.
 
When I went over to her blog today, I was amazed. The 18th week of NSVs! And then I continue reading other bloggers linked-up posts and am amazed by all of the accomplishments: like less junk, and more moving! Or something so simple as making time for myself every day. I am just so in love with this linkup and if you have been a regular follower, you'll see that I haven't missed one NSV linkup since I started blogging.
 
This week I have a simple NSV question to ask you...
 
"Where are you?"
 
Did you know that this is the first question God asks in the Bible. It's found in Genesis Chapter 3.
 
Where. are. you.
 
I listened to a sermon today about this and not only does it connect with my spiritual life, but also my weight-loss journey. Where I am today is leaps and bounds from where I was just three short months ago.
 
I was:
 
Depressed, moody, 15 pounds heavier, the girl that could eat two dinners, no portion control, couldn't even run for a mile, sad, down, lost, uncomfortable trying on clothes, felt like I couldn't help myself... and there are so many more I was statements I could make.
 
Where am I?
 
I AM:
 
Running over 30 minutes (sometimes 1 hour and 30 minutes) at a time, eating a rainbow of foods, not living for food but using food for fuel. I am feeling more attractive to my husband, proud of my accomplishments, and thirsty for the challenges that the Lord presents me with day to day.
 
What I realize is that it's all connected. My body. My mind. and My soul. I have to know where I am so that I can figure out what to do next, or how to challenge myself to do things I never thought possible. At this moment in time, even though I have some pretty hearty goals, I am happy and KNOW where I am.
 
I ask you this simple question, because you HAVE to know where YOU are now to see where YOU'LL go in the future.
 
So, where are you?
 
Madalyn
 

4 comments:

  1. Great post! What a great way to think of your NSVs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! and 11 more days until school is out for you?! I am alittle (a lot) jealous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 59.2 pounds lighter than I was at the start of my journey, stronger in mind and body, running miles at a time (even sprints ;)) and so very inspired by all of the friends I have made who know exactly where I am today :). Such a great post, Madalyn!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great question! I'm glad you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...