Have you ever felt like not running somedays and then regretted it the next morning?
Oh, you have? So I'm not the only one?
OK. Great!
Recently, I feel like I have hit a runners block. My milage is nowhere where it was in April. Even though my mile times have dropped dramatically, my milage is down. Which to me, feels like I am burning less calories because I am not taking the time to run for longer periods.
So, instead of having writers block, which I have had for the past three weeks, I think I have ran into another block... Runner's Block.
So after looking at my graphs, I know that I'm not anywhere near the 35 mile mark and don't know if Ill get there by the middle of May (which is Wednesday).
To continue the complaining, my runnin buddy is out of town for the weekend which means that I might have to run by myself tomorrow morning...
That makes me nervous!
If anyone has any tips or ways to overdone runners block, I'd love some suggestions!
I'm hoping my runs will get longer and my times, shorter.
This weekend I hope to get a six mile run in with a slower pace so I can run the entire time. In other facets I my life, I have a funeral to attend and some healthy meal prep to take care of before Monday rolls around.
Only 10 more school days until the year is over!
What are your plans for the weekend?
Madalyn
P.S. I ran my fastest mile this week!

I have definitely had runners block before, usually hits me about two and a half months into a really good running stretch where I have made lots of progress and then BAM I don't really wanna do it anymore, which is ironic because its just when I'm getting to be my best, I wish I knew the cure because for me I usually just stop running for a while, a month sometimes, then start over again and I am no where NEAR where I was when I stopped and its super depressing...its a vicious cycle for me...hope you find your groove again because you were doing AWESOME- woohoo for school almost being over :)
ReplyDelete