Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Spring 5K Challenge Update

Good Morning!

There isn't much to celebrate this week for me. As far as running goes, I am continually running at least a 5K when I run, which is great. I am really working on trying to get my mile times down, while not feeling like I am going to die... When I feel like that, then I tend to slow down to a really slow sloth pace, or I STOP running all together. 

If anyone has any ideas on how to make the mile faster, let me know. I am currently down to about a 9 minute mile pace, but want to get to about an 8:30. I KNOW it's mostly all mental, but I can't help but feel like I'm not capable of doing it. (I know it's not true - I know I could probably crank out an 8:30 pace for at least a mile, but my brain holds me back!)

The Lord greatly blessed me when I started this journey just three short months ago, and landed me an experienced running buddy. R, has been such a great help to get me back into running shape. She has consistently waited and encouraged me through the tough parts, and celebrated with me through the good. I am sooo thankful for her - and to make this story even more mushy, she is the girl I met on Valentines Day, when my husband kicked me out of the house when he was preparing our dinner. 

It has been stinky here for the past couple of days because R is on a work trip for over a week! Ugh! I feel like a total bum! But because she is gone, it has been a great way to show myself that all the hard work that I've been training for, I am able to do on my own! I ran 4 miles on Friday by myself and was SO proud!

R has also inspired me to help thers. I am officially helping another neighbor get into shape... I always loved that movie Pay it Forward. Now, I understand that whenever someone does something for me that touches my heart, that I too, need to so something for someone else to help them out too. 

I guess all of my ramblings today come down to the following:

1. I miss my running buddy
2. I want to run a 8:30 mile pace for an entire 5K
3. If someone helps you out, pay it forward to someone else

Have you ever paid something forward to someone else?

How is your 5K training going?

Madalyn

 
button

2 comments:

  1. I am SO SO SO happy that I've been lucky enough to have met you in the blogging world! You are such a kind person and I love that you are paying it forward! You are going great and I hope someday I get to say that I'm working towards a 9-minuter let alone an 8:30 ;) I'm continuing with my sprints this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madalyn,you run like the wind! 8:30 mile? In my dreams! I'm so slow you can barely call it running. I like to carry a conversation, though, so that keeps me slow. You are such an inspiration and I love that you are paying it forward. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...