Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Recap

Good Afternoon fabulous friends!

I have been super busy this weekend with some great, and some not-so-great events. 

The first great thing that happened this weekend was being able to stay in Friday with the hubs and cooking a wonderful meal together. 


For the past couple of weeks, we have been searching for a new cutting board and knives... These are the knives and cutting boards that we found and Williams Sonoma. The cutting board was originally $250 but we got it on final clearance for $35! SCORE! I was so pumped.

The knives set was definitely difficult to finalize. We knew that we liked the German knives there, but had to figure out how much we wanted to put into out knife set. We finally decided to purchase the middle of the road knife set which included about 6 pieces.


For dinner we made, Seafood Alfredo and Peppercorn Seasoned Filet Mignon. It was delish. I was practicing my photography skills (yeah right!! I have none!) and pretended like I was an amazing culinary photographer.


I like this one the most!

I had to go home on Saturday for a funeral to celebrate the life of my aunt's mother-in-law. While the relationship sounds distant, she was like a grandmother to me. I was excited, but the car ride was painful, especially with all of the delays from a truck blowing up earlier this week.

I also had the opportunity to raid my mothers closet. The top is from my friend Mr. Calvin Klein and the navy blue crop pants are from my favorite store, The Gap. :)

(apologies for the bathroom picture and all of the bathroom related visible items!)



Lastly, Josh made some delicious Mulligatawny Soup and put it over some rice and added some Naan to the bowl. It was amazing!

I was tooooooo full to eat the strawberry shortcake, so I passed! Go me!

Tonight, we are headed to my husbands favorite place on earth, an english pub, to celebrate Mother's Day with his mom and sister!

What were you up to this weekend?

Madalyn

P.S. I am linking-up with Sami from Sami's Shenanigan's today for her weekly "Weekend Shenanigans". Be sure to stop by her blog and leave some love!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that mean looks AMAZING! I love that you two made it together. Eric and I don't cook together, we just don't! We fight and argue if we try and cook together, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...