Friday, February 15, 2013

My Husband is Awesome!


Good Morning!

I hope you had a wonderful evening celebrating Valentines with your loves! I know that I had a wonderful day sharing the love with my students, co workers, and husband. 

When Josh and I first started dating in 2009, I told him that I had dumped a guy for buying me flowers on any occasion. I may or may not have been lying. Since then, Josh has been scared to death to purchase me any flowers. Last year, I found a dozen roses on the kitchen counter and he told me that some bum had just left the flowers on his doorstep. He still swears that even to this day, he didn't purchase those flowers. 

This year, as a married couple, he was still on the defense about the flower business. As more and more co-workers received flowers, I started to become upset. He knew that I wanted flowers, but chose not send me anything. :( Like I said again, The whole expectation thing with marriage is a work in progress and I don't know if it ever ends. 

By lunch, I knew I wasn't going to get anything... 

I received a call during my lunch break.

My heart started beating.

The secretary told me that there was a small package waiting for me at the reception desk.

It took everything inside of me not to scream with joy! I got my flowers!!!!!

When I came to the front desk, I was surprised to see that there were no flowers for me, but there was a wrapped package. 

When I unwrapped it, I found this:


An massive edible arrangement. Oh My. I read the letter from my husband that included the mushy-gushy stuff, and then a note that told me to share with my kiddos. 

When I arrived home that night, I was so excited to show him my appreciation. Instead of a welcome home from the hubs, I got a "here's the dog and the leash. Don't come back until 5:30."

What was going on??? All I wanted to do was to come home to my loving husband and tell him how much I adored his gift. Instead, I got kicked out of the house.

So I obeyed and came home to a wonderfully cooked dinner.






Because we have been strapped for cash since getting married, I decided to do something romantic and special that I kind of stole from www.itsuxtobefat.com



I wrote down a lot of things that I loved about my husband. He was so surprised. I feel like it's not always the expensive gifts that mean the most. Rather the gifts that involve the heart are much more special than any monetary gift.

So next year, if you are strapped for cash, stay in, make dinner, write love notes, and just enjoy each others company. 

With love, 


Madalyn


P.S.

This is how the table was set on Valentines Night...


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...