Thursday, February 28, 2013

The KettleBell


Good Afternoon Friends!

The weather around my part of the world seems to be slowly climbing each day. It makes me want to take out my summer clothes and say adios  to this terribly, cold winter weather. 

Two nights ago I convinced my new neighbor and her friend to attend a kettlebell class with me at a Mixed Martial Arts gym. I will say this as a disclaimer: I have no intentions of joining and MMA gym to learn how to fight but when I saw the kettlebell class that was being offered, I knew that I had to get in there and try it out. 

If you don't know already, this is what the kettle bell looks like. 



It's an awkward piece of gym equipment that can honestly be your best friend and your worst enemy. Personally, I like to think of it as my best friend (as it sheds the calories right off) most of the time. When I am right in the middle of a workout, the kettlebell being my enemy is an understatement. 

So I figured that this would be a good opportunity to try and new fitness class with new people that I was coming to know. While the actual exercises themselves were difficult, the instructor was a BUST. I had such trouble understanding where these exercises were coming from. He seemed to have zero confidence which made the workout seem unsafe and awkward. A few times during the workout he would try to assess our exertion by asking us if we "felt alright." Based on everything I know about fitness, this is not an accurate nor a good way to determine how exerted a person is while they are working out. 

Needless to say, unless the girls want to go back, I am good continuing the fitness routine that I am currently involved in. 

Speaking of, my mom and sister came to our house last night because they were flying out today to go to Disney. Because they were up at the crack of dawn, or 4am, I decided that I would get to the gym and at least get 2-3 miles in. 


I ran 2 miles in 19:20 (a 9:40 pace) which is PR for me! 


Awesome, right?!

I am finally feeling like exercise is becoming a HABIT. Yes, I said it. A habit. Like mentioned in one of my first posts; A good habit takes 66 days to stick (ouch.) Whereas a bad habit only takes 21 days to stick (even bigger ouch.) I will say, that even though my exercising has been great, my eating hasn't been stellar and the scale is letting me know! I am up 2 lbs this week already. 

What. A. Buzz. Kill.

I still have half the week left until my Sunday weigh in. So until then, I am going to turn around my eating and report either a no gain or a loss on Sunday!

What motivates you to work out and eat well?


Madalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...