Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Beginning New, Healthy Habits Again


Researchers say it takes just 66 days (3 months) to create a healthy habit that you can withstand for the next five, ten, or fifty years. They also say that it takes 21 days to create a bad habit. Why do the bad things, the temptations, the lazier options, or the junky choices take 1/3 less time to become habits? Why do so many of us constantly want to change but fail? I wish I could say I knew myself. I know what it’s like to jump on the scale and be overjoyed by the number I see months in a row. I know what it’s like to run and finish a half marathon. I know what it feels like to run 13.1 miles. I know what it feels like to run 13.1 miles. Can I run that many miles now? No. Would I like to be able to run that many miles again voluntarily? Yes.

When I was healthy and almost to my goal weight (I'm on the Right)
More times than not, I find myself wishing I had the body I once had two years ago. More times that not, I find myself angry because I lost control. Yes, I said it. I lost control. Control over my hands; control over my mind; and most importantly, control over my goals. I let temptation come over me and lost sight of my health. Do I want to be healthy to look good? Absolutely. More importantly, I want to be healthy again because I want to live long. I want to live right. I want to live in control. Because I love myself so much, I want to lose it all and never come back to the girl who lost control. So I am going to be in control. I am going to live right and I'm going to live long. I am going to be the confident girl on the inside and out, just like I was two short years ago.

When I lived in State College and worked in a gym, I would constantly go to a nutrition seminar. Of course, like any changing world, the food recommendations changed, the caloric intake changed, and so did the fat, carbs, and protein percentages. One thing, however, never changed. Goals. The goal setting was always the most important part to achieve success. The goal setting was the most crucial part of any diet, plan, and ideas – anything! Realizing and understanding that is monumental. 

So with that in mind, I will have written and constructed my goals by Friday of this week and I will share them with you. 

Here's to going all the weigh and making new, healthy habits that stick for the rest of my life. 


Madalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...