I have a secret to confess. I am an emotional eater. Yes, I know. I had to have gotten here somehow and this is one of the reasons why. I eat when I am stressed, or upset. I eat when I am bored and have "nothing to do." I've known this for a long time. I knew this about myself before even beginning my first weight loss journey when I was 18.
I have to confess that today, I emotionally ate.
Ugh.
I haaaaaate when I do that. I am having a great day, a wonderful day even. And then all of the sudden, without no warning at all, something happened with a student that I let affect the rest of my day. Instead of eating my delicious and nutritious salad, I had a slice of pizza and my salad. Immediately after I ate the pizza, I felt so guilty. I hate that. I hate when I eat something that is unhealthy, and I automatically resort to guilt and negative self talk. I am better than that 300 calorie food item that provides little to no nutritional content. I am better than that. I just need to remind myself of it, often.
You are better than that. You are better than one bad choice you make during a day whether it is something you shouldn't be eating, something you shouldn't be saying, or something you shouldn't be doing.
YOU. ARE. BETTER. THAN. THAT.
Okay, I said it.
When I thought all hope was lost, I got a text from my amazingly supportive husband. "George (our dog) is bathed and dry, shelves are cut, stained, and inserted, healthy dessert is chilling, dishes are done and away, kitchen is clean..."
My heart is melting with love and butterflies are jumping in my stomach.
He loves me despite the bad choice I made to eat that pizza. He loves me when I don't feel like I deserve it.
He. Loves. Me.
Anyway, here is to going home to a clean house, healthy dessert, and an amazing man that supports me through it all.
Watch out skinny old me, I am coming back!
|
Here's to going all the weigh...
Madalyn
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!