Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Frustrating Results


I have to admit something before I being writing this post. 

I. AM. IMPATIENT.

I want results now and I don't want to wait. I want to get things right the first time, and then never have to try again. I want to run 5 miles the second week back into working out and be successful. This impatience applies to a lot of aspects of my life - except teaching. 

This morning, when I jumped on the scale, I was irritated at my body. I have been eating really well and have been exercising at least one out of every two days. Naturally, I denied what the scale said and hopped on again. 

No Luck.

The numbers stayed the same. While I did lose 1 pound, it wasn't what I wanted to see. I wanted to see 5 pounds loss from 5 days ago (how realistic, right?). I expected to see something more than what was there. Isn't that true about a lot of things? I expect my husband to do something. Or I expect someone to clean up after my messes. Or I expect someone at work to do something for me when I never asked them too. 

expected the scale to show off all of the hard work I had been doing for the past (almost) two weeks.

The scale had other ideas. 

Frustrated, I got off the scale and got ready for work. This morning on the way to work I got on Pinterest. Naturally, as soon as I opened it up, it make me feel better. I have been pinning a lot in the past couple of weeks, especially ideas for getting into better shape, healthy recipes, and classroom ideas. 

While I was browsing, I came across motivational quotes that I loved! So I took a screen shot an uploaded them to my blog



Yes, Please.


That is what I told myself last night when I didn't want to finish my run. However, with my warm up and cool down, I had a great pace. Less than two weeks back into my journey, I ran 3 miles in a little under 40 minutes including the warm up and cool down.




I am excited that I am finally getting back into running shape. I used to love to go to a circuit gym in State College, but haven't found one here yet that I love nearly as much. I hope to complete 3 miles in 30 minutes in two weeks. What strategies do you use that help you to finish running? What is your favorite way to exercise? Do you ever have expectations that aren't clear to someone else or the scale?

Have a great Wednesday!


Madalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...