Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Long Term Goals


Good Morning Wonderful Blogging Community!

I promised myself and you all that I would post my long term goals by Friday. Although I did not post them Friday, I completed them last night and would love to share what my goals are when I have gone all the weigh. As mentioned before, I attended a nutrition seminar about two years ago. During the seminar, the instructor talked about making specific goals for myself and how to do it. He told me to write these goals in the future tense, for example "Today is December 31, 2013...". Then, he told me to write how I felt and what I looked like. He also said to place your goal weight in there too. So I began brainstorming a list of why I wanted to lose weight, what I was going to look like when it was all over and, how I was going to do it. 

As I was brainstorming, I thought of a quote:


Isn't that quote so true? For the past year I have been dreaming of how I could look. And here is the truth: I can look that way as long as I have a goal with a deadline. Without goals of any kind, we fail or we don't make it as far as we could if we had a goal in mind. 

While I started reading, I could feel my discouraging self begin to discourage my writing of goals. When I saw this picture online, I started feeling a sense of joy and started to see the light. 


I cannot give up because I still have so far to go. I need to stay focused on the prize. I need to stay focused on my goals. 

My Long Term Goals:

Today’s date is November 1, 2013. It feels amazing at my goal weight of 165 pounds. I look great in anything I try on. More importantly than that, I FEEL great in anything I try on. I am able to run 5 miles without stopping and continue running if I choose too. Because I trained so hard, I ran my second half marathon. I love eating healthily and in moderation. I am taking the best care of myself possible and because of that I am confident in everything I do. I can go on weeklong hiking trips with my husband and keep up the entire time. I accomplished this so I could live a longer life, be a role model to my future children, and to feel better about myself. I look even better than I once did.

   



What are your goals? What are your dreams with deadlines?


Madalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...