Monday, February 11, 2013

Exercise Queen


Two years ago, some of my friends would call me The Exercise Queen. Yesterday, although I am nowhere near the shape I was in two years ago, I started calling myself the exercise queen. I just want to say before I move on, last week I made it to the gym five out of the seven days! Yessss. My last week of total visits caps my entire attendance at the gym for the month of January.

Yesterday I managed to make it to the gym before anyone else. YESSSS! I could accomplish my circuit and run on the treadmil without having to accomodate any other patrons. (Side Note: My gym has approximatley two treadmills, two ellypcials, two stationary bikes, one bow-flex looking maching, some free weights, a few yoga mats, and two exercise balls) The gym is tiny. very tiny. Like the size of a small classroom. It is hard to workout when there are more than three people in the room. But it fill up, and it fills up quickly.

I started my workout on the treadmill. I wanted to get 1.5 miles completed in less than 15 minutes. BIG goal for me, but definelty acheivable. I fell about 25 over goal but I am proud to say that I made it 1.49 miles.



After that, I cooled down and completed a circuit with abs, bicep curls, push ups, mountain climbers, and lunges. I did those exercised three times through (it took me about 10 minutes) and then a song came on to my iphone and I started to feel the urge to run again. And the workout queen inside of me told me to get back on and continue exercising. Thus, how I earned my Fish and Chips last night.


This time, my run wasn't as impressive. I walked for 10 minutes, and then ran the remainder of the mile and then cooled down. but I walked at an incline of 10.0, so my heartrate was still elevated.

This week I plan on going to the gym 3-4 times. Because I went to the gym so many times last week, I felt like I was on top of the world. I haven't felt like that in a while. I found not only do I want to eat better this week, but I am getting more accomplished because I am taking care of myself. Here is to going all the weigh and making it to the gym at least three times this week.

Have a wonderful Monday!


Madalyn


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...