Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Longest Run Since 2010

Yep! You read it right! I wet on my longest run yesterday to date!

I got up yesterday thinking that I would run about 6 miles, one mile further from last Saturday.

With that goal in mind, R, my running busy and I drove to our running trail and started out on my longest run ever.

If you have trail ran before, you know that the distance you run in, you must also run back out. With that being said, we set off to run 3 miles down and back.

Well...

We started talking and I mentioned how great it would be to run 10 miles today. (Yeah right! As if I could do that! I knew she could, but me... Ha!) she thought that was doable.

I chuckled.

Yeah, right!

When we reached the 3 mile mark, R asked me if I wanted to turn around or continue running.

I wanted to keep going.

We got to 3.25 and she asked again.

I wanted to keep going.

We got to 3.5 and she asked again.

I wanted to keep going.

We got to 4 and she asked again.

I wanted to keep going. However, B reminded me that we had to make it back out and that we needed to stop and get some water.

At this point I was feeling great! Unstoppable! Invincible!

On our way back, I joked saying that we should just go the entire 13.1 and be done with it.

She laughed.

We kept running.

We made it ALL THE WAY BACK!

8 miles.

We hydrated and then I opened my mouth again...

"R, lets do 2 more!"

So we did.

Our total mileage was a little over 10.1 miles.


Ill say it again.

Our total mileage was TEN POINT ONE MILES.

For all of you who are just starting the C25K or are considering it, do it! This is my 8th week of training, and I hit a 15k over the weekend! Those of you who are in the middle of the training, keep going! It gets sooo much easier!

Thank you to all who have been so supportive toward my training an process. Without readers like you, I wouldn't be as motivated to do the things I am doing! Thank you for your encouraging words and your ideas and advice!

My God bless you all this nice (at least in PA) Sunday! Get out and move! George and I have a walking date today. He is finally feeling better! Thanks for you kind comments and emails for him too. He's finally eating again! :)

Madalyn





3 comments:

  1. WOW! I have never set out and said...let's run 10 miles. Way to go!!
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I love how you incorporate a healthy lifestyle into your faith. I am excited to follow your adventures! I am new to the blogging scene, follow me at http://foreverconvinced.blogspot.com/ :). Xo- Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing!!! 10 miles. wow. :) So glad George is feeling better...he is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...