Monday, April 15, 2013

Plants, Flowers, and Running!

Happy Monday!

I am linking up again with Sami from 


This weekend was FULL of things to check of the old to-do list and I am happy to report that the hubs and I got almost everything accomplished. But before I continue with that, I need to announce that I finally lost some poundage... 2.5 pounds to be exact! I have been waiting for a loss for the past 6 weeks, and it finally came a knocking. Back to the weekend...

On Friday night, Josh and I decided to stay in for the night, order sushi, and watch the movie Argo. If you haven't seen Argo yet, I highly recommend it. 

Saturday, my running buddy and I went for a 5 mile run on a rail trail near our neighborhood early in the morning. Yes, you read that right, 5 miles. And we ran under 10 minute miles the entire time. And to really make your mouth drop, we also attended a 45 minute kettlebell class right after all of that. Crazy right?

During the day, The hubs and I did our usual errand running and also stopped off at the garden store to pick out our plants for the summer.





Aren't they gorgeous?

The dog tried to help us out... but wanted to play the entire afternoon... I don't blame him. It was gorgeous outside.





We arranged them into our planters and baskets...







I have a thing for Gerber Daisys. I love them sooo much. It was difficult not to purchase the entire row of the greenhouse. But they are placed at the front door, where I can see them every morning as I leave for school and every evening when I return home!

I am still so happy, just looking at those pretty flowers!

Yesterday morning, I went for another run with my running friend and what we thought was going to just be a short 2 miler to get the dogs tired, turned into a 4 mile run, where I earned this badge:


Yay! another 3.12 record! 

Lots to be thankful and proud of in my neck of the woods this weekend. 

What did you do this weekend??


Madalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...