Thursday, April 18, 2013

Non Scale Victories: April 18, 2013

This would have to be one of my favorite posts I post each week. Coming together and sharing our victories OFF the scale (even though mine were pretty sweet last week - just sayin') and reaching out and encouraging others makes my heart warm.

This week was exceptionally great because of the weather that is starting to form around my area.  Truth be told that I would LOVE for the 70's to stick around longer, but I am pleased that it is no longer freeeeezing outside.


This leads me to my first NSV: Counting Saturday, my milage ran this week is 21 miles and I still have 2 days to go! This Saturday, I am going to run with my running buddy 6-8 miles on a trail that follows creeks and farms. My muscles are already relaxing as I think about it.

My second NSV is that I have drank 100 ounces of water each day this week and feel great! I am eating less, and craving less. On Sunday I went to a all you can eat benefit lunch for the food bank in our county and had some issues Monday trying to get back on track, but I got there!

My third NSV is that I finally have the energy to continuously do yardwork. Last year it seemed difficult to get moving, and now, after scooping 3 yards of mulch all over my yard, (yes I realize we got a head start this year) I feel great!

I am sad and nervous today because Gerogie is sickkkk like a dog! Ugh, I feel terrible. I found him this morning, sleeping on our spare bedroom comforter. Look at how sad he looks:


What are your NSV's for the week?

I'd love to hear what they are!

Madalyn
button

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the mileage! That's awesome!
    I hope your pup feels better. It's horrible when they're sick.
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madalyn,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I thought it was only fair to come and cheer you on for your NSV's too. Nice work on the mileage and water! If I think about running 6 miles my legs definitely don't RELAX. ;)

    Have a great week,

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, great NSVs!! I struggle to get 64 ounces down...100 is great! I hope your little puppers is feeling better soon. Have a great run & weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog on the non-scale victories linkup. Congrats on the mileage! I started running in December and I'm still trying to build up my mileage!

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mileage! So awesome! Thanks for linking up and sharing and I hope your dog gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel for you, My dog isn't sick but is getting over surgery. :-( Poor pups!! I'm enjoying the lovely weather also! :-) Wish the rain would go away BUT April showers bring May flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have run so much! That is awesome, I bet running outside on a nice trail will be really enjoyable, and your weather looks amazing. These are such great NSV to be proud of this week. Hope your doggy feels better soon! Do you know what's wrong with him? My puppy was sick this week with kennel cough earlier this week and it was so sad to see her feeling lousy. Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...