Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring 5K Training #5

button

Good Morning! I am linking up again with Katie again. Head on over and check out other bloggers posts and leave some love!

I have been flying through these running workouts yesterday. I am not sure if it's because I am 10 pounds lighter from when I started, or just because I kick butt? Not sure, but I certainly feel great when I am running and clearly do not feel discouraged at all.

I am currently trying to convince my hubs to let me purchase one of these:


The Garmin GPS Watch. 

First of all, how cute? 

Secondly, I mean why not?

Since I have transferred most of my running outdoors to killer hills and trails, it would be nice for a satellite to track how many miles I run, and to track my pace? 

You may have similar questions to my husband:

What runner wouldn't want that you ask?

Well the runner that is on a budget. Clearly, we are on a budget as a newlywed couple and trying to save to have a rainy day fund. But this watch is just too great.

Any you may ask, why I can't use my iPhone?

I thought of an answer for that question too...

Using the phone GPS is sooooo 2012.

Hopefully, when I write about my 5k training in a week, I will have a photo of my new, beautiful watch upon my wrist showing you my pace and my milage. Until then, I am going to continue dreaming.

Anyway, I am off to run about 4 or 5 miles today and then off to a kettlebell class. I am ready to crush the virtual 5k in June!

How was your exercise last week?

Madalyn

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that watch is really cute! and totally something you need- trying to track stuff on your phone is just way more complicated than a simple watch that is DESIGNED just to show you how awesome you are doing at running :) I say listen to his practical comments, thank him for his thoughts, and then go buy the watch lol
    4 or 5 miles?! that is so awesome!! It really does feel good when you can notice the difference in how it FEELS to run and how you feel after :) I'm starting to hit my groove finally too and I can't wait to get my runs outside

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that watch! :). great job on your running.you sound so happy. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need one of those GPS watches! Hmmm, how to stretch my budget to get one?! lol Looks like I will recycle plastic bottles and sell my kids' toys to get one! haha jk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your runs and YES it is because you kick butt!! Hope you get your fancy watch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting a Garmin too! You will have to let us know if you get it and what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...