Monday, April 29, 2013

Recap of The Weekend!

Good Afternoon!

I hope your weekend went well... Below is a recap of the adventures that took place at our home this weekend. I have to brag already and say that I did complete a pretty incredible run this weekend! :)


For readers who follow along daily, this is where our raised garden bed is going... Along side of the garage. It's a work in progress..



George LOVES helping us with construction. I am pretty sure he paced through that trench all day Saturday trying to figure out what was going on. 


This is what the wall WILL look like when we get enough stone to make the wall. We were given half as many small stones as big, so it was difficult to construct and we had to stop. We need more little stones. 


Okay, so this was the most exciting part of my weekend. The 8 mile run. As you recall from last week, I ran 10 miles with my running buddy. This week, I wasn't feeling as adventurous. I ate pretty terribly and my body was feeling like trash, so I decided to work on the pace, more than the distance. So with walking involved (you can see the red stopping points) we ran 8 miles at a 10:30 second pace! Proud running moment here!


Just when I thought I was done moving that day, our neighbor asked if I would walk with her and her baby... 

Makes me want to have my own. 

But we went another 2 miles which made my 10 mile mark for the day.


This is the most recent addition to our flower arrangement on our front patio. The hibiscus plant. This is one of J's favorite flowers out there... Got to love the Caribbean!

Sunday we went to church with J's grandparents who are in their early 90's. It is utterly amazing to me how mobile they still are. We even went to brunch at one of our favorite restaurants close to church. For the first time ever, I gave up eggs and toast for a salad. I know, I was shocked too!

After, I had a couple of students over and another teacher to make Whooooopie pies!

Another busy weekend for the books!

How was your weekend??

Madalyn

2 comments:

  1. That hibiscus flower is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on that 8 mile run - I always love seeing other bloggers get out there and run, it's the best motivation for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an awesome weekend. Your grass is so green!!! I can't wait to see what your wall will look like, yard projects are a lot of work but they are so rewarding. That app is really cool how it shows your pace in colors too, that's a really neat feature- way to go on 8 miles! that is fabulous!! Annnnd that baby is adorbs, makes me want one too hahaha

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...