Pretty amazing stuff happening all through blogland. I have been reading and catching up with everyone's blogs that either leave me comments or that I follow and there is a lot of pounds being shed and miles ran!
I am always amazed at how wonderful this community is and how wonderful blogger friendship can be made just by posting something sweet in your post or in a comment!
I digress...
Anyway, I am linking up again with Katie for her Spring Training 5K challenge! I am so thankful that I found her blog. She has totally inspired me to run again through this linkup and cannot thank her enough for that extra push each week to show results, (Even though, some of the weeks are pretty disappointing.)
But not this week!
This week I broke my 5K record!
| Newest 5K PR |
| Previous 5K PR |
When I finished my 8 mile run, the running app told me that I had broken my PR and I was thoroughly impressed! Throughout that entire run, I just wanted to knock off 10 seconds. As you can see, I knocked off about 1 minute! I am hopeful that by June 1st I can run my 5k in 29 minutes.
Today, my inner fat girl, Regina, didn't want to get out of bed.
Sidenote: I came up with the name Regina from watching Once Upon a Time, on TV. She's the evil queen.)
Once I convinced her to wake up and get out of bed, she continued to want to WALK the entire RUN this morning. I'm sorry, but WALKING is NOT RUNNING. So where you see the red, Regina won the battle.
Have you exercised this week?
Madalyn

WOOHOO!! Way to break your record! That is awesome and so fast!! :) I love it, Regina...hahahahha!
ReplyDeleteoh wow, that's a great time for a 5K! I'm really trying to get a 10/min mile pace, you've inspired me to keep it up!
ReplyDeleteYou are fast! I can't wait until I start getting faster. I've been stuck at the same time forever! Great job!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on breaking your record! That is so awesome!
ReplyDeleteAlso thank you for the sweet comments! I'm so glad you have found motivation in blogland too! I'm very happy to have met you here!
Way to go! That's awesome! You're such an inspiration to all of us. I sure hope when I'm back out there that I can get faster. I really want to do a 5K in under 30.
ReplyDeleteLaurie
Lulu and Daisy