Saturday, March 23, 2013

5k Spring Challenge #3

button

Another day with white covered grounds is still so amazing to wake up to. I mean, I would LOVE for the sun to be out and the weather to be warmer, but I still always get so excited where there is snow on the ground!

This past week, I did a great job exercising. I was so proud of myself for working out at least every other day and for taking the time to stretch! Stretching takes time but makes it easier for me to run - and recovering the next day is much faster.

I have to say that I started with the couch to 5k workout plan and threw it out the window last week. I was progressing much more rapidly than the training suggested, so I just decided I would throw it out and continue pushing myself for longer and more difficult goals each week. Throwing out the plan was a wise choice for me...

On Sunday I went to the gym and ran my fastest virtual 5k to date! I ran 3.2 miles in 29 minutes which felt fabulous! The last mile was the hardest to crank out... maybe because I was running at 8mph by the end of the mile??? Who know's? I'm just pleased I finished it and could move on with the day. 

Today I plan to do the same think I did last week; run over 4 miles and then take the 45 minute kettlebell class. I am in love with this once a week class offered at a Mixed Martial Arts gym in my neighborhood. It makes my whole body ache for at least two days. It's great.

I hope to run 5 miles straight over the weekend (getting my long runs in over the weekend works best for me. Long runs are actually getting longer now.) I hope by the end of April, I can run 5 miles without stopping outside. 

Can you ever tell a difference between a treadmill run and a run outside?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...