Saturday, March 16, 2013

I Did It!

On Tuesday I liked up with KTJ and began the Spring 5K challenge. I mentioned how I had already begun running a couple weeks ago and was rather far into the 8 week training plan to run a 5k. This week I ran 3 miles straight on the treadmill in just under 30 minutes!

But wait!

It gets better!

I knew that the hubs and I were going out for dinner last night so I thought it be best I exercised prior to eating out. What I thought was going to be a 30 minute run turned into a 4.5 mile run in under 41 minutes! I was so excited! 

Today, I really wanted to push myself to get three miles done as fast as I could so I alternated between 6.2 mph and 7.0 mph. Time went by quickly, thanks to the Bravo network on TV and within 27 minutes I hit 3 miles on the treadmill. Not bad for only starting running again a month ago. ( yes I know I'm bragging, but wouldn't you???) now if only I could get my weight to drop like I got my running time to drop...

Anyway, today is filled with grocery shopping, cleaning, and a benefit auction at my school for student scholarships!

Did anyone reach a huge milestone this week? I'd love to hear about it!

Madalyn


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so proud (and jealous) of how far you've come in that short of time! that is seriously something to brag about- "what did you do today" "oh no biggie just ran 4.5 MILES!"
    that's you! are you going to sign up for an official 5k?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!

      Thank you! I feel like the bragging rights wore off quick as currently I am eating Samoa Girl Scout Cookies. I need someone in my office to slap them out of my hand!

      Haha!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! That is so awesome that you ran 3 miles! thank you for linking up and sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...