Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry

Good Morning Fabulous Blogging World!

Last night was great! I got home to an almost clean house. The husband had projects at home to work on, so that meant I could complete some of mine!

As some of you know, I love anything to do with crafting. I love anything to do with making a mess. And I love anything to do with cooking and baking. 

I am currently working on a neat ripple, crocheting pattern blanket this month. The colors are a off white, gray, and yellow. It is beautiful so far! (Truth is, I haven't messed it up yet)! I will show pictures of this, plus a link to the blogger I borrowed the pattern from on Friday. 

Today I wanted to leave you with an extremely healthy, and extremely delicious recipe. At our house, we love, love, love Indian food. With that being said, any excuse to consume or make these cultural meals is so exciting! While Josh was working on his project, I decided that I would prepare our dinner. 

**** Side note: Being married is A-MA-ZING! However, figuring out who is responsible for what on whatever night, is something that you should talk about or discuss as you are living through the first year of your marriage. It is so important to have that clear communication and expectation setup early on to alleviate a whole lot of arguing and stress!*****

Josh and I usually switch nights to cook or we cook together. We both love to do it so it keeps us feeling thankful for each others' talents and keeps up happy when we cook! 

Speaking of cooking, I am going to sweat tonight when I head to the gym! I have't been to the gym in days, partly because I backpacked 12 miles this weekend on the Appalachian Trail, but also because I am L-A-Z-Y!






Happy Eating!



Madalyn


P.S I also changed my blog name... A blog overhaul was in order... More changes to come!




2 comments:

  1. backpacking 12 miles doesn't sound too lazy to me! I love that you have a handwritten recipe card- is it a family recipe? I'm usually intimidated by Indian recipes because I don't have much experience with that type of food, but this looks really good and worth trying even if I mess it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Backpacking with my husband is crazy almost all of the time. I got off my butt yesterday and ran 3 miles - 1.5 with the 90 pound dog, and 1.5 without him. Guess which one was more enjoyable?? Yep, by myself.

      The recipe is from my bridal shower in October. Each woman was to bring a favorite recipe from their cookbook. Our close friends happen to love Indian food as much as we do and she gave me this recipe. It is so easy to make, and tastes amazing!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...