Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Today is Tuesday


When today became today at 12am I was awake and thinking of some awesome lesson plans. I also got this song stuck in my head about Tuesday and String beans. I guess that is to be expected when you are an elementary teacher.

Recently, I have been feeling intense pressure for no reason at all. In my mind, I feel like I have to be perfect at everything the first time I do it. The first time I ran on that treadmill 6 weeks ago, I thought I had to be able to run 13.1 miles, because I had done it before. Two months ago when I started recording and caring about what I ate, I thought I needed to eat everything good and right for me and that every day would be perfect. At school, I feel like I need to teach the perfect lesson the first time. 

Do you know how hard it is to try and be PERFECT all the time?

Really hard.

And based on what I know about what I believe in, I'm never going to be perfect.

Do you hear that brain?

I. AM. NEVER. GOING. TO. BE. PERFECT.

... but I know that I still want to try and be perfect.

And then I think of this verse:

Romans 3:23 - 24:  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 

It kind of brings me back to earth. It's okay that I didn't eat 100 percent today or that I didn't exercise yesterday. It's okay to fail when teaching, especially when it's my first year, and I'm just beginning to understand teaching. More importantly, it's okay not to get everything right the first time we do it. We are, after all human. 

So this week I am going to work on eating well, exercising often, and being OK without perfection.

What do you struggle with?


Madalyn


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I will always reply to your comments via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...